Welcome to MWKF Promotion
MWKF Promotion Exam Information
The next available promotion opportunity will take place at the 21st Annual Detroit Open Taikai to be held on Saturday, February 16, 2019. Please follow the instructions below carefully to participate in this promotion test.
Registration Due: Friday, January 18, 2019 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Note: Check MUST be delivered on or by 01/18/2019. (WILL NOT go by Postmark date)
In order for the payment to be delivered on time, the check needs to be MAILED OUT at least by 01/12/2019.
The application process for testing will consist of three (3) steps –
- You must have your sensei’s approval before filling out the online application (your sensei’s name and email need to be filled out)
- The MWKF online system will email your sensei to obtain approval (action required by sensei)
- The MWKF online system will then email you an application receipt confirmation (this is not approval for taking the test, merely a confirmation that the information from you and your sensei have been received)
② Make sure to upload your current menjo to the AUSKF database
- If you do not have a rank yet, you do not need to do this step
- The website to complete this task is https://www.unitedstateskendo.com/
- Instructions for completing this step can be found here
③ If you are testing for 1Kyu and above, email your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org. Essay information can be found below under Related Forms.
④ Mail out two (2) checks for payment
(Attn: Bobby Lee, 244 Red Top Dr. Libertyville, IL 60048-3749)
⑤ MWKF Promotion will notify upon the completion of your entire application process via email.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
When: Saturday February 16, 2019
Where: Seaholm High School
2436 West Lincoln, Birmingham, Michigan 48009
This location is the same as the tournament
Please note schedule is subject to change and updates will be sent out via email and facebook!
Building Doors Open 12:00 PM
Registration: 12:30 PM to 3:00 PM
Warm up: 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Please join seminar and keiko, hosted by the Detroit Kendo Dojo, as warm up.
Court Set Up: 3:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Exam Training: 3:40 PM to 3:50 PM
(all examinees/those taking test must attend)
Examiner Meeting: 3:40 PM to 3:55 PM
(all examiners/those judging tests must attend)
Line Up: 3:50 PM to 4:00 PM
Start Exam: 4:00 PM
End Exam: 6:00 PM
Out of Building: 6:30 PM
The entire registration process is a part of the promotion examination. Completeness of your application will be evaluated and included in the examiner’s evaluation form. Please read all instructions on the website carefully.
Thank you for your attention and cooperation.
We wish for you all to have a great exam with excellent results. Do your best and good luck.
MWKF VP of Promotion